We use the word “missions” to describe ventures that lead people to follow Jesus. Our church is technically a mission because we intend to produce devoted Christ-followers here in Lycoming County. We also support 14 missions worldwide through prayer and financial support:
- Association Centro Cristiano evangelizes the Dominican Republic through the ministries of over 25 local churches that cooperatively minister through a camp and an elementary/secondary school. We specifically support Michell Marte as he pastors a local church in Navarrete.
- CDEM&H has started 3 churches: in Monte Cristi, Barrero, and Buenos Aires area in the Dominican Republic. In 2011, they opened a school in the Buenos Aires neighborhood, providing many young children the opportunity to receive an education and also learn about Jesus. They also reach out to the community through regular door-to-door Bible studies, meet needs of food and shelter and also minister to community through sports.
- Chiz Rider Ministries strives to bring believers encouragement and edification by generating praise in their hearts. Chiz Rider plays concerts with his trumpet at churches around the country.
- Far East Broadcasting transmits radio programs in 150 languages to 54 countries with combined total populations of 2.8 billion people. Statistical research suggests that tens of millions listen.
- Ghana Christian Mission is a charitable non-profit organization devoted to the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in word and in deed to the people of Ghana Africa. The specific purpose of Ghana Christian Mission is to Multiply Life and Hope Through Disciple Making in four ways: Church Planting, Medical Outreach, Christian Education and Community Development.
- Myanmar Christian Mission leads people to Jesus Christ in a Buddhist country by supporting evangelists and new churches, the Eastern Bible Institute, a literature ministry, medical ministry, and more.
- One Mission Society equips rapid church planting movements around the world. We specifically support Larry and Sharon Freed as church multiplication facilitators to the Philippines.
- Passion Ministries introduces Jesus Christ to the people of India through everyday projects of compassion that demonstrate God’s love in natural and practical ways. They innovate new ideas for evangelism, such as offering free motorcycle repair clinics. We specifically support Rana and Simie Samuel as they lead the ministry.
- Pioneers ministers to many Native American groups, and we specifically support its ministry to the Tarahumara people in Mexico. They provide medical care through their Wellness Center, so that the people will be receptive to the good news about Jesus Christ.
- Polish Christian Missions establishes New Testament churches in Poland. We support Pawel Wrobel, who ministers at a local church in Ostroda.
- Scriptures in Use reaches out to the unreached people of the world who only have an oral culture by communicating the Christian Scriptures effectively through traditional oral arts. We specifically support Erik and Teri Powell.
- Sylvan Hills Christian Service Camp teaches young people the Bible and provides a gathering place for area churches. It is located in Howard, PA.
- Team Expansion partners with the global church to mobilize, train, and coach qualified workers in the implementation of the fruitful practices of church planting movements.
- Training Tomorrows Leaders reaches out to Muslims in northern Ghana. We specifically support David Kalb.
You might want to get involved in missions in the following ways:
Commit to pray for a mission and receive regular updates.
Go on a short-term mission trip and see for yourself how God is working around the world.
Tithe (give) one tenth of your income to the local church and then set aside special offerings for certain foreign missions.
Join the mission committee to help coordinate our efforts as we pray for each mission, plan financial support, correspond with missionaries, and communicate their needs to the congregation.